Root canals are not meant to be painful, and they may cause a little soreness or discomfort. You have to hold your mouth open for a decently long amount of time and they are removing nerves, but overall, it is more tiring than painful. Root canals remove the decay, damage, and disease inside the tooth during this procedure. If you are seeking dental care in Marlton, it’s important to find a dentist who knows that proper care for a root canal is important for every patient.
There are specific aftercare instructions that are given to patients that have just had a root canal. These instructions can help you overcome any discomfort that you are feeling, though there shouldn’t be anything serious. If there is, it is important to speak with our professionals to provide you with the exam needed.
The Steps of Root Canal Therapy
The steps of a root canal are not very in-depth. There are just a handful. You can follow through the steps to have a root canal done.
- The dentist will numb the area before starting.
- The tooth is then opened up from the top or crown and the inside is cleaned out.
- They will then fill and seal up the tooth from the top with a biocompatible material.
- A temporary filling is then placed over the tooth. A permanent filling and sometimes a crown is then placed over the tooth to protect it at a later appointment.
An endodontist is able to provide you with aftercare instructions, as well as answer any questions you might have about the procedure or the care after it. This way, you can feel comfortable with the entire procedure and the care you will get after it.
These post-treatment care tips are important for you to think about because you want to ensure that you do what needs to be done to treat the tooth.
- Always take the medications as instructed by the endodontist. This can be pain medications and antibiotics to help the tooth heal.
- Avoid chewing on that side of the mouth until the tooth is fully healed and complete.
- Always make sure to regularly brush and floss, as you normally would. Keeping up with your dental hygiene habits is highly recommended.
When you take the best care of your teeth, even after a root canal treatment or procedure, you are able to keep your teeth as healthy as possible. Not only that, but you can smile with ease knowing that the procedure was easy and the post-treatment care is just as easy as ever. It should heal in a short period of time and you can go back to normal in no time at all.
If you’re looking to learn more about root canals, or just want to schedule an exam to see the dental work that needs to be done, speak with the The Dental Specialty Center of Marlton to find out what needs to be done. Give them a call today or visit https://www.thedentalspecialtycenter.com/locations/marlton-nj/ to see what they can do about your teeth and the smile you want to have once again!
Follow Us On Social Media: